“Content curation strategy is what your company needs right now if you were to grow and start making sales”. we told one of our clients in London.
This client had come to us feeling really dejected and frustrated about how her business has refused to grow despite spending a lot of money.
Curious, we asked her how much she had spent and on what exactly?
She replied almost sobbingly, “I’ve spent over six (6) thousand pounds on hiring some dude to help promote our company online.”
Well, that’s huge.
Yeah, I know.
Apparently, this client is 1) not well versed in the areas of digital marketing, 2) she doesn’t even know exactly what these guys did for her, let alone understand how to track her results.
Really, what results?
She had no results. Isn’t that why she came to us in the first place.
See, the competition is REAL; it is fierce; and trust me, it is equally fearsome!
Your business or brand success relies solely on your ability to keep showing up, right, left, and center in the online space.
Success, after all, is a combination of determination, goals, strategies, CONTENT, and of course, consistency!
If you have the rest, but not consistent at showing up and publishing great content, your business will soon die a natural death.
“So, how then can I thrive and grow my business online?” She asked eagerly.
You need a strong marketing plan.
Content curation strategy is a core content marketing element for growing a thriving business online.
In this short guide, I will work you through the four necessary content curation strategies you could easily deploy today and that would help you achieve results in your business.
[bctt tweet=”The competition to grow a thriving online business is REAL; it is fierce; and trust me, it is equally fearsome!” username=”DigitalPrudent”]
BUT before I dive deep into the content curation strategy, I’d first share with you what content curation means and how to deploy it for your business.
What is Content Curation?
Content Curation is the act of discovering, gathering, and presenting digital content that surrounds specific subject matter.
Heidi Cohen offered more perspective as to the definition of content curation when she said;
Content curation is an integral part of a content marketing strategy. Whether you just have a blog or a more complex content marketing offering, content curation puts your original content in a branded context for your target audience.
Why do we Curate Content?
Mention.com explained why it is important to curate content when they said; “Curation helps you become known as a thought leader with answers to problems. When you share content that has all the answers, your audience will start following and subscribing more closely.”
Also, blog expert, Heidi Cohen in her blog post – 12 Attributes of a Successful Content Curation Strategy – mentioned 3 Reasons your content marketing strategy needs content curation.
- Offering your audience a combination of original and third party content provides a branded context for your work.
- Curating other people’s content positions you and/or your organization as a tastemaker in your field.
- Creating sufficient content is a marketing and business challenge.
Well, she was spot on!
[bctt tweet=”Curation helps you become known as a thought leader with answers to problems. When you share content that has all the answers, your audience will start following and subscribing more closely.” username=”DigitalPrudent”]
How do you write curated content?
In his post, Pawan Deshpande (The founder and CEO of Curata, a Boston-based company offering content marketing software used by thousands of marketers around the world) mentioned 5 Content Curation Best Practices…
- Define your Objectives
- Find your Sources
- Curate by organizing and editorializing
- Share via a variety of channels and mediums
- Analyze and optimize your content curation performance
He also did an amazing job of providing even in-depth information about the subject by creating and publishing a thorough Infographic.
There you go:
Isn’t that amazing?
After carefully reading this blog post, you would have realized that even this blog article was thoughtfully curated.
Now, let’s jump straight into the four content curation strategies that will you from your hard-earned money like our client from London.
Then, dive in with me…
4 Content Curation Strategy that Will Save You from Losing Money
1. Choose the Corre Content to Share. Be sure to create content that will resonate with your target audience. You don’t want to be selling dog accessories to people who don’t even have the intention of owning a dog.
2. Always Add Your Thoughts. Don’t just publish an image post without adding a caption to further explain what the image is about.
3. Be Social. Talk about your business everywhere you go – both online and offline. Be the first advocate for your business.
4. Publish Your Content at the Right Time. Be sure to publish your content at times when your audience can see them. Your social insights and analytics would work magic at gauging you on what to do here.
That’s it, guys.
I hope you were able to learn something new?
P.S: Perhaps you need IT/Digital Professionals to help you create #SocialMediaStrategy or #ContentCalendar for your #SocialMedia posting activities, our company, #PBGDigital is your best #websolutionagency in #Lagos. Do not hesitate to write to us at email@example.com for a FREE Quote.